09 Sep SEO: Techniques, Tactics and Expectations of 2017
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO, a component of Search Engine Marketing, helps you in optimizing your content and makes it rank better. The visibility of your content on the internet depends on how well you optimize the content. With SEO, you can employ these techniques: On Page SEO and Off Page SEO
On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO: As the names self-explain, on-page SEO is optimizing or simply structuring things within the web page like title, content, description, placing relevant images and internal linking. While off-page SEO is what that helps your page rank better in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERP) and increases the visibility of your web page on the internet.
Techniques and tactics:
- The traditional SEO techniques became obsolete with the launch of Google’s latest SEO’s Penguin, Panda, and Hummingbird. Being aware of the latest SEO techniques will help you create a content that can rank better and can attract a lot of visitors.
- It is very important to know what your zone or field of expertise is. This will help you to etch out your content well.
- Travel along with the trend and make sure to keep yourself updated with the recent affairs and technical advancements. This will help you keep pace with your viewers, who will love your content for its dynamism.
- Try and be more social. This will help you widen your known circle on the internet, which will certainly contribute to the intensity of your web pages’ traffic.
- Be more interactive and maintain a healthy relationship with your visitors. This is very much necessary to fuel the life of your web page. Apart from this, it will help you understanding who your audience is and what they expect out of you. Knowing this will improve your performance.
What can we expect in the future?
If there is one thing that never knows what complacency is then it is our expectations towards technology. It just keeps shifting. As far as SEO is concerned, obviously, the next expected shift is its optimizing from the desktop version to mobile version. The intentions of Google is ‘Mobile search is all search’. Google has been optimizing desktop stuff for about 18 years and now it high time they start prioritizing mobiles, and experts are calling it the Copernican revolution. More than 80% of the industries strongly believe that mobile is the first source of traffic. Now almost all online platforms have their own mobile applications. People also prefer apps to websites. So the shift is pretty much essential.
No matter how much the technology sky-rockets, the traditional rule still apply, your content is always the king, you can never look for a substitute there.